ABOUT THE JOB
Operations managers own the entire “supply” side of that marketplace in their city – they optimize the quantity and quality of cars available to our users, and continually improve the rider experience via scheduling, asset utilization, and driver incentive programs.
In practice this requires a unique mix of analytical and interpersonal skills; an ability to use our data to quickly understand trends in supply and user demand, combined with an ability to motivate and incent our partners to behave in ways that take advantage of those insights. Highly refined people skills, as well as toughness, persistence and grit, are required to ensure capacity, while providing the quality of service we demand for our users. This is an intense, business-side startup role which has a clear and direct, impact on the growth of our business.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Language - The ability to speak, read and write Mandarin fluently is a must. The ability to also speak Cantonese is preferred.
- Analytical ability - We take an intensely data-driven approach to running our business. In order to efficiently manage the supply of cars we have on the road, you need to be able to constantly monitor and understand trends in supply and demand, and use our data to make the right, data-driven operational decisions.
- Business instincts - Inherently curious by nature, you enjoy thinking about what makes different businesses tick. You’d be excited to master [client] business model, and would doggedly pursue making that model flourish in your city.
- Drive and hustle - Operations managers are responsible for continually sourcing, signing up, onboarding and motivating the fleet of drivers who are our partners in a city. This requires extreme resourcefulness, and the ability to sell [client] as a partner and platform. Operations Managers also constantly monitor the fleet of cars on the road at any given point in time, optimizing the quantity of cars, guiding their physical location across the city, based on user demand, and ensuring the highest levels of service. This requires the constant focus and the highest levels of dedication.
- People skills - You’ll need truly world-class people skills to be able to influence partners to drive at times, in places, and in ways that ensure a world-class experience for our users. Depending on the conversation, you’ll need to be able to charm or cajole our partners accordingly.