Staff Software Engineer
This is a position reporting to Product Development Manager. The Staff Software Engineering will be responsible for leading development of robust high-volume kernel framework. The successful candidate will be a top performer and versatile professional leading the design, development and implementation of system infrastructure at eBay. This position will be based in Shanghai.
* Define, design, implement, unit test and debug complex, multi-tier distributed software applications on eBay platform.
* Work with other engineers, product management, QA and Operation team to design and implement application features
* Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes.
* Develop industry and product technical expertise.
* Work closely with the other Product Development teams in US or India.
* BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent).
* A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
* 8+ years work experience in software development area and at least 5+ years experience in Java programming.
* Extensive programming experience in Java and J2EE (strong OO skills preferred).
* At least 3~5 years of large systems software design and development experience. Good knowledge about performance and scalability.
* Mature Debugging & troubleshooting skills in Large-scale software product.
* Fluent communication skills in Oral English communication and email writing.
* Working Experience in Multi-national Company is a plus.